Beaches and calas Ibiza to visit in catamaran
With over 200 km of coastline, it seems almost impossible to make a list of which beaches and coves you can not miss if you are visiting Ibiza this summer. Almost transparent waters, white sand like salt, wild cliffs … On the white island you will find beaches for all tastes, but today we want to tell you which are the best to visit by boat.
And, if you are going to rent a sailboat or a catamaran in Ibiza, there are things that you have to do, yes or yes, and anchoring on these beaches has to be one of them! Go and prepare the suitcase, because we set sail.
Beaches of Ibiza to discover from the sea
Here we wanted to group some of the most famous beaches on the island that you have probably visited already on foot because they are very accessible and have a lot of services nearby. Of course, in summer they are usually very crowded both by land and by sea, but even so, it is worth making a quick visit!
▪ Platja d’en Bossa. Located between the airport and Ibiza town, Platja de’n Bossa has all the services you could possibly need if you decide to come here with a rental boat: chiringuitos, shops, restaurants, hotels … If you want to visit one of the More comfortable beaches of the island, but without having to suffer its agglomerations, that you have no doubt: do it aboard a boat!
▪ Cala Sant Vicenç. Another proposal with all the comforts on land is Cala Sant Vicenç, located to the northeast of the island.
▪ Bay of Sant Antoni. The great bay of San Antonio is a great option if you want to enjoy your boat for rent and have an ample anchorage. Mind you, look at the bottom! The algae and mud make the anchor grip is not always as good as we would like.
Beaches and coves to enjoy without crowds
Although it sometimes seems difficult, there are beaches and coves in Ibiza where you do not have to worry about the crowd: small and intimate spaces in which to enjoy the sea without having to give up certain amenities.
▪ Cala Llonga. A narrow cove with all kinds of services, but without as many people as in Platja de’n Bossa. Here, the main peculiarity is that there are not too many mooring buoys so if there are some boats, you may have trouble mooring. Even so, the framework of the cove is spectacular and worth approaching.
▪ Cala Tarida. Visiting this cove from the sea is a fantastic experience, although on the coast it is quite urbanized. To anchor you have to be careful with the rocks in the bottom, although the water is so transparent that you will not have problems to avoid them!
▪ Cala Conta is, in fact, three beaches in one, since it is formed by three coves of different size somewhat separated from each other. In addition to its imposing landscape, you can also get close to navigating the islet opposite.
▪ Cala Benirrás. This cove tends to be quite crowded with boats, but it is not for less: it is tradition to come to see the sunset to the rhythm of the drums and is, without a doubt, one of the most mystical experiences of the island both from land As from the sea.
The wildest beaches in Ibiza
If you want to have some references about what is the most natural face of the island, we leave you three proposals that are the anteroom of everything that awaits you:
▪ A small wild corner with a sea that is not usually calm
Accompany a Phoenician quarry surrounded by turquoise waters and with a good anchorage. We will not explain it to you any more: find out for yourself!
▪ S’Estanyol. A small cove framed in an old fishing village that retains all its charm. The mooring is perfect both day and night, and seeing sunrise at this point is one of the most fantastic experiences of a boat trip on Ibiza.
▪ Cala Gracioneta. The most surprising thing about this small cove where you will not be able to anchor if you are carrying a very big boat is the amazing turquoise color of its waters. Do not miss it, because you will fall in love!
Of course, there are many more coves and beach in Ibiza that are perfect for discovering aboard a catamaran or a sailboat. Our recommendation is that you let go without a fixed course and discover with calm all that the white island can offer you.